Wheatland Township contracts with Clarke Environmental to provide our community with mosquito control services. Clarke provides frequent scheduled applications of safe and effective mosquito control for the comfort and health of our residents.
Clarke Environmental Mosquito Management
Clarke’s Customer Portal allows residents in our community to sign-up to receive advance treatment notifications by email or text before a night-time mosquito control treatment is provided, as well as report nuisance mosquito activity and standing water sites. Interested residents may sign up at www.clarkeportal.com
Residents who prefer to sign-up for treatment notifications and report nuisance mosquito activity and standing water sites via phone may do so by calling Clarke’s Resident Hotline at 800-942-2555.
Get alerts via text message or email. Sign up online at www.clarkeportal.com/hotline.
Tips to Make Your Yard Mosquito Proof
- Remove old tires, tin cans, bucket or any water holding containers
- Fill in or drain any low places (puddles, ruts) in yard
- Keep drains, ditches and culverts clear of weeds and trash so water drains properly
- Cover trash containers to keep out rain water
- Repair leaky pipes and outside faucets
- Empty plastic wading pools at least once a week and store indoors when not in use
- Make sure your backyard pool is properly cared for while on vacation
- Fill in tree rot holes and hollow stumps with sand or concrete
- Change water in bird baths and plant trays at least once each week
- Keep grass cut short and shrubbery well-trimmed so adult mosquitoes will not hide there